Adoption Interest Form
Thank you for your interest in adopting one of our animals! This form is the first step you need to take to meet an animal in its foster home or to adopt an animal you have already met.
Please review our adoption information page if you have not already done so.
- Please fill out the questions in order on each of the 5 tabs. Some questions are dependent on previous answers.
- To navigate between the tabs, please click on either the tab name or the "next","previous" buttons.
- All data will remain in the form until it successfully submitted, or saved.
- The "save or submit" button will open a window with options to submit the final application, save and continue, or save and quit.
- If you wish to save progress and continue, choose one of the "save" options."
- Saved applications will be kept for 5 days. Our volunteers will not see the application date until it has been completed.
- If your email is provided (which we highly recommend), the same return link which will be displayed will also be emailed to you.
- If you think you are finished, please chose the "submit" option
- If the application is complete, then it will be processed and you will receive verification by email. A volunteer will contact you within a few days.
- If there are missing fields or other errors on submission, the relevant lines will be completely highlighted in green. Also, a red box will appear with error messeges and/or the names of the tabs which contain the missing information.
- At this point, please navigate to the appropriate tabs and complete or correct the highlighted questions.
- When you believe you are finished, please click the "submit" button again. And repeat the correction proceedure if needed.
- Only "complete" application will be accepted for final submission, so feel free to use the "submit" button liberally until all errors are corrected
- Thank you very much for your interest!
- Click anywhere in the instructions to hide.
Please fill out 10 years of pet history when asked on Pet History tab.
We are an all-volunteer organization, so please be patient – you will be contacted within a few days. If you are having difficulties, please save your progress and contact us via email@example.com.
The information in this form will only be used for the processing of this application and can only be seen by the adoption team and foster parent(s) of the animal you are applying for. Thank you again!
NOTE: Please be aware that Independent Animal Rescue is an organization of volunteer foster homes,located primarily in the Durham/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina. Due to the nature of our adoption process,we can only consider applications for homes located within 60 miles of Durham. Thank-you!